Patient Rights & Responsibility
- You have the right to prompt and adequate response to reasonable request and needs for treatment or services, within our capacity.
- You have the right to choose a healthcare provider who can give you high quality health care when you need it or to refuse examination or care by a specific healthcare professional. You have the right to refuse to participate in experimental research.
- You have the right to accurate and easily understood information about your health plan, healthcare professionals, and health care facilities. If you speak another language, have a physical or mental disability, or just don’t understand something, help will be provided so you can make informed health care decisions.
- You have the right to information regarding services available at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery and the cost of these services.
- You have the right to know your treatment options and to take part in decisions about your care. Parents, guardians, family members, or others that you select can represent you if you cannot make your own decisions.
- You have a right to considerate, respectful care from your doctors, health plan representatives, and other health care providers that does not discriminate against you.
- You have the right to talk privately with health care providers and to have your health care information protected. You also have the right to a copy your own medical record. You have the right to ask that your doctor document in your records any corrections to inaccurate, irrelevant, or incomplete information.
- You have a right to a fair, fast, and objective review of any complaint you have against your health plan, doctors, hospitals or other health care personnel. This includes complaints about waiting times, operating hours, the actions of health care personnel, and the adequacy of the health care facility.
- You have the right upon request to receive a copy of any itemized bill or statement of your charges.
- You have the right to after-hours contact numbers. You may contact a nurse after hours at 417-540-7880. If a medical emergency arises always dial 911
- You have a right to review our payment policy for all services rendered.
- You have a right to review all credentials for the facility and for healthcare professionals.
- You are responsible for providing complete and accurate information to the best of your ability about your health, any medications, including over the counter products and dietary supplements, present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, advanced directives, power of attorney, or other directive that could affect your care, any allergies or sensitivities, and other matters relevant to health or care.
- You are responsible for keeping all appointments or contacting the office 24 hours prior to your appointment to cancel.
- You are responsible to inform Maningas Cosmetic Surgery promptly if you do not understand any matter relating to your care and treatment or instructions with which you cannot comply.
- You are responsible to follow the treatment plan prescribed by your provider.
- You are responsible to be considerate to other patients and to see that any person with you is considerate, particularly with reference to noise.
- You are responsible for providing a responsible driver to transport you home and remain with you for 24 hours if required by your physician.
- You are responsible to observe the smoke-free policy at our office.
- You must accept personal financial responsibility for any charges for services rendered at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery and for any charges not covered by insurance if insurance is filed.
- You are responsible to provide necessary information regarding coverage of your charges.
- You must be respectful to all the health care providers and staff.
- You are responsible for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow your provider’s instructions.
- You are responsible for all products purchased at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery and understand that these may be prescription products, which are by state law nonrefundable.