Once you decide to have surgery with Dr. Maningas, our financial policy is as follows. This policy applies to all patients at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery. It is to assure that you have the best surgical experience possible and are fully informed throughout our relationship.
- 10% of your surgical fees, based on your surgical proposal are due at the time you select a surgery date. This is a non-refundable deposit. The deposit cannot be applied or used for any future cosmetic procedures, products or services at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery. We will not schedule your surgical procedure without receiving the 10% deposit.
- Your final balance, paid in full, is due two (2) weeks prior to your surgery date and is also non- refundable. There will be no exceptions to this policy. If payment is not received two (2) weeks prior to your planned procedure, your surgery may be postponed or cancelled. If you would like to reschedule your procedure less than two (2) weeks prior to your surgery date, a rescheduling fee, up to 30% of your total fees, will apply.
- All patients must complete their pre-operative appointment and submit any necessary labs (including EKG, Mammogram, & Medical Clearance if requested by your surgeon) at least two (2) weeks prior to surgery. It is your responsibility to notify our office if your contact information changes or needs to be updated. We will attempt to contact you three times if you have not completed a preoperative appointment. If we are unable to reach you within 72 hours of our first attempt, then we reserve the right to cancel your surgery. If you wish to reschedule for a future date, a rescheduling fee, up to 30% of your total fees, may apply.
- Testing for nicotine and illicit drugs (including weight loss pills) is routinely performed on patients the day of surgery. Should you test positive, refuse to be tested or decide not to follow the instructions given to you by our clinical staff, then we reserve the right to cancel your procedure for that day. Refunds will not be issued. If you believe the test results are inaccurate, then you have the right to submit a blood test at your cost. If the blood test is negative, you will not be charged a rescheduling fee.
- You must have an adult caregiver (minimum 18 years of age and aware of your surgical procedures) with you at all times for the first 24 hours after surgery. Please contact our pre-op nurse if you have questions regarding your caregivers expected responsibilities. If you do not have an appropriate caregiver with you at the time of surgery we may cancel your procedure and a rescheduling fee will apply, up to 30% of your total fees.
- While we strive to give every patient the best possible cosmetic outcome at Maningas Cosmetic Surgery, your safety is always our number one priority. The operating room fees in your surgery proposal are our best estimate of the time it will take to achieve your cosmetic goals. In order to avoid balance billing on any surgery involving liposuction, we estimate the operating room time based on your Body Mass Index at the time of your consultation. BMI will fluctuate with any changes in your weight. If your BMI has increased more than two points the day of the surgery, we may need to reschedule certain procedures or you will be charged an additional $800 per point to cover the additional anesthesia and operating room fees.
- We accept all major credit cards, cash or check. We also offer patient financing. We are happy to provide you with information regarding these programs, and we have a full-time financial coordinator on staff to assist you with your financing choices. Prescription medications and lab work are additional and NOT part of your fees from Maningas Cosmetic Surgery.